Internal Auditor - Great career progression!
Do you want to be part of a business that is playing a key role in fighting COVID?
This exciting US-listed multinational company created by the merger of two independently successful businesses to create the number one provider specialist services in the healthcare and pharmaceuticals sector – including playing a key role in the current fight against COVID. With a turnover in excess of $7bn, over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide the business has a substantial track record of acquisitions where and “change is the norm” reflecting a fast paced and challenging but also team-centred and fun environment.
The global audit team is led from London where most of the team are based and the team of c20 comprises of both business and IT audit specialists. The Head of Internal Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded audit team where Internal Audit is considered a true “business partner” and is seen as a key value adding function right up to CFO/main board level.
The Head of Internal Audit is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is perceived as a training ground for high performing talent. Typically members of the audit team spend 2-3 years in audit before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure fast track promotions within other parts of the business - both in the UK and overseas. Over the last 2-3 years virtually every member of the team has rotated into a new role elsewhere in the business and hence the business has an excellent record of staff retention. In fact over the last 8 years only 4 people have left the team externally. Very few opportunities can prove that level of career progression!
This opportunity offers a broad exposure right across the business through undertaking a wide range of financial, operational, compliance and even some IT audits. You will also have the opportunity to manage and coach more junior part-qualified members of the team. Due to COVID, the team are currently WFH and all audits are being conducted remotely with no travel. However, once we return to normality, you will have the opportunity to travel internationally for 40% of the time and to work as part of a professional and yet very friendly and lively team environment.
Following an internal promotion of one of the team into an exciting role based in the US, the Director of Audit is now seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIA auditor to join the focussed but friendly team.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be of graduate calibre – ideally with a finance/business related degree and be qualified with an appropriate accounting or audit qualification
- EITHER have a minimum of 3 years of experience within external audit from a practice firm OR
- Have a similar level of experience in delivering operational and financial audits within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of ambition, passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a committed team-player with a social and outgoing personality
- Have the flexibility to travel for 40% of the time (outside of COVID). The travel a mixture of both short haul (UK/Europe) and long haul (US, Latam, Far East, Australia) and long haul is usually business class
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of up to £52,000 plus bonus, benefits and travel perks. The role is central London based but once the COVID pandemic has normalised the opportunity will require international travel of 40% over a year.