Senior Internal Auditor
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* have been mandated by a large UK Insurance conglomerate to assist in their search for a Senior Auditor. This is an exciting time to join the business on the back of a recent major acquisition which is reflected in the continued growth of the audit department.
The role will provide the opportunity to gain invaluable and highly transferable experience, skills and knowledge working on a broad variety of assignments (including but not limited to audits of: operations, claims, distribution, finance, HR).
Partial Remote working is on offer but there will be an expectation to be in the Guildford or Bournemouth offices 2-3 days a week, when appropriate.
- Coordinate own and assignment-based resources to carry out audits, liaising with staff and management at all levels, analysing information and data and drawing conclusions about the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, risk management and governance.
- Compile Audit documentation to agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Conduct Closing Conferences with senior management, in order to advise them of preliminary findings, confirm the accuracy of these findings and discuss the feasibility of the recommendations proposed.
- Follow-up on progress made with implementation of recommendations.
- Provide Internal Audit Management with feedback on the progress of audit assignments and contribute to planning the allocation of Internal Audit resources.
- Undertake relationship management, ensuring that the business areas are kept informed of any arising audit issues.
- Set short term objectives for each assignment, allocate resources, monitor and review progress against targets.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret data (following a systematic and disciplined approach) to draw effective, objective conclusions.
- Awareness of Internal Audit methodology and professional standards
- Completed or working towards a professional qualification in accountancy, audit, or another relevant discipline
- Internal Audit experience (either commercial or within Practice or both)
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services (preferably general insurance) is preferable but not a prerequisite
- Interest and some experience in Data Analytics
- Strategic perspective of requirements for internal audit
Please note : UK experience is mandatory or this position and our client is not able to offer sponsorship.
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk