Internal Auditor (IT & Technology)
Like most we are currently working from home and will seek to support flexible working. However long term there will be the requirement to travel to both Dunstable and London on a regular basis.
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and have adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we are prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
Our Internal Audit team are responsible for ensuring we continually hold ourselves to account and have robust controls and rigour around all processes. As part of the IT Auditing team, you will provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Whitbread’s system of IT risk management and IT internal control environment in the UK and internationally. You will provide a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance as well as providing consulting advice to add value and improve operations. You will also need to manage key senior stakeholders across IT while reporting into the Head of IT Internal Audit.
What you will be doing:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of IT Internal Audit to support the development of the internal audit plan for Whitbread, including risk assessments and engagement with key stakeholders to shape the IT audit plan
- You will plan and scope IT internal audit reviews by meeting key stakeholders including the IT Senior Leadership Team, drafting and agreeing audit Terms of Reference.
- Plan regular meetings with stakeholders to understand design of key controls and carry out detailed testing to identify control gaps;
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, both business and IT, to ensure they are aware of the issues being identified through the audit;
- Championing use of data analytics techniques for delivering assurance;
- Work with co-source resource to deliver audit fieldwork.
- Draft high quality, clear, concise audit reports, which clearly identify issues, root cause, risks and recommendations for the business.
- Monitor implementation of control recommendations and assist in reporting status to the Board and Audit Committee.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders to assess and manage risks, understand where processes could go wrong and what improvements could be made, including understanding where key controls are IT enabled.
- Work with the business to provide assurance on key IT projects and critical change activities.
- Develop the Internal Audit function by suggesting and driving improvements to auditing practices, methods, procedures and documentation, specifically around data analytics, integrated audits and agile auditing.
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Strong experience of IT or Technology Auditing within a large organisation or consultancy (beneficial although not essential)
- Experience of delivering integrated business process audits
- Experience of providing project assurance reviews for transformational change
- Ability to challenge senior colleagues, and influence business stakeholders with limited technical information systems expertise
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car or car allowance option
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
More searches like this
- Internal Auditor Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Auditor Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Senior Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom