Audit Director - Big 4 - UK Offshore
Change Public Practice are partnered with a UK Offshore Big 4 Firm, who are looking for an Audit Director with mixed sector experience to join their growing Team. You’ll currently be an established Audit Director or Audit Partner, ideally living and working in UK, and with at least 10 years PQE.
This Big 4 Firm offers the full complement of Audit, Advisory and Tax Services to a wide range of sectors, ranging from smaller owner managed businesses and private equity organisations through to FTSE and AIM listed organisations.
In this role you will be an Audit Director, with very strong technical competence, combined with a focus on exemplary client service delivery, exceptional quality, excellent people skills and a proven ability to develop new business. The role will combine leading an existing client portfolio and the development of further new relationships.
This Firm have invested in and continue to invest in ED&I and therefore encourage candidates with relevant qualifications and skills to apply.
Your responsibilities within this role include:
- Managing your own portfolio and leading the delivery of engagements in-line with client, regulatory and Firm methodology
- Leading and overseeing multiple concurrent projects
- Overseeing commercial and contractual aspects of engagements, including fee proposals, budget and fee collection, and ensuring these aspect are managed effectively whilst maintaining quality and profitability
- Strong project management techniques including decision making, communication, analytical skills and time management
- Demonstrating client excellence
- Leading business development activities, to grow revenue and profits for the Firm and the Teams
- Contributing to and communicating business strategy in a way that provides clarity to teams and individuals
- Contributing to resource planning and building team capability, to future proof the Firm and the Team
- Excellent people skills including the ability to identify development needs within the team and provide coaching, mentoring, motivation and stretch assignments to attract, develop and retain the most talented colleagues
- Networking with clients and relevant professional bodies
- Sharing deep knowledge of the current market and competitor trends and activities
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with key senior members of existing and prospective clients
- Building constructive working relationships across different teams and countries
- Providing leadership and acting as a role model
- A relevant qualification is required - i.e. CA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent overseas qualification
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years PQE
- Proven track record operating as an Audit Director or Audit Partner, within a Top 10 Firm
- High proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP
- Significant experience of large, mixed sector corporate clients (both FS and non-FS)
- Excellent decision maker
- Ability to add value to clients
- Genuine interest in the market, industry and clients you work with
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with all stakeholders
- Confident at building rapport with clients and maintaining excellent relationships
- Great role model for colleagues and ambassador for the firm
- Flexibility to adapt to challenges
- Self-motivated, taking responsibility for your own personal development and that of your team including setting an example to others around you
- Good skills with technology including high proficiency in the Office 365 suite of products
Personal attributes include:
- Personal value of delivering high quality work, exceptional client service, contributing to new business and an excellent coach and mentor to your team
- High level of drive for success, a positive attitude, enthusiastic outlook, agile mind and resilient in times of pressure
- A team player who collaborates and communicates with respect
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits where you can select the benefits that matters to you, excellent L&D and flexible working arrangements.