Senior Manager - Audit Quality and Operations - Global Firm – Flexible Working
Our clients’ lead audit regulator regards root cause analysis as being vital to understanding why audit quality issues have arisen and identifying how these issues can be addressed to ensure that they can be resolved and do not arise in future.
Along with an external consultant our cleint has developed its own root cause analysis (RCA) policies and procedures but is now seeking an individual who can take responsibility for driving the firm’s RCA programme forward and expanding the use of RCA to ensure it encompasses the firm’s entire internal quality management systems in relation to audit.
You will join the Audit Stream and sit alongside the two Directors of National Audit Operations.
You will work closely with the audit regulator teams in the technical department and the head of the internal Audit Quality Assurance
Audit Stream – RCA Development and Coordination
- Ideally, with experience in dealing with challenging situations and facilitation, you will manage the firm’s RCA programme. This will include maintaining overall control of the program of RCAs taking place and coordinating the current RCA facilitators within the firm to assist.
- You will be responsible for expanding the coverage and timeliness of the firm’s RCA programme, enhancing the current process to ensure maximum benefit to improving audit quality is gained from this powerful tool.
- Regularly reporting to the firm’s Quality Steering Committee on progress and identified RCA actions to ensure a short response time.
- Provide an annual RCA report to the leadership of the Audit Stream that pulls together all themes from RCAs performed during the period and identifies actions to be taken and undertaken.
- Assist teams in identifying other areas where RCA may be of use/benefit.
Acknowledging that the firm has already developed a methodology for RCA, the successful candidate will be provided with training by the firms external consultant , so no prior experience of RCA is required.
The key attributes for the individual are an enquiring mind, an ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations, together with a desire to improve how things our client does as a firm and assist in identifying the appropriate solutions.
You will be an experienced facilitator potentially(not essential) having been involved in RCA in a previous role, although training will be provided. You will have a drive to instigate change to ensure completion of actions to see a continuous improvement to audit quality.
In addition you will:
- Have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and be able to use own initiative
- Have high attention to detail
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Good communications skills (oral and written reports)
- Well organised and good project management skills
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Analytics Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Data Analytics Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)