Our client, a leading telecommunications company, seeks a high-calibre Internal Auditor for its UK internal audit function. Working as part of a team, you will provide management, stakeholders and decision makers with the assurance that controls and core processes are reliable, effective and being operated as designed.
On a day to day basis, you will assist in the planning, performance and delivery of allocated audits and control testing assignments covering the UK business, subsidiaries and Joint Ventures. This includes ensuring delivery of the end to end audit process to acceptable professional standards and the completion of formal reporting of the result and liaising with management and other stakeholders on remediation plans.
Due to the level of responsibility provided in the role, it is essential that this individual is able to build and maintain close working relationships with senior management, control owners and other key stakeholders across the organisation; often becoming the main point of contact for their portfolio of stakeholders.
In addition to internal audit work, you will be involved in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing as well as special projects and reviews.
Applicants should ideally hold or be studying towards a recognised accounting or audit qualification and either come from a top-tier practice audit environment or an internal audit role in industry. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as is a methodical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Whilst based in the company's head office in Slough, occasional travel (15-20%) may be required to other sites, subsidiary companies or to audit joint ventures.
Excellent opportunities for further development exist in the team or wider business.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant or audit professional (preferred) - ACA, ACCA, CIA, CA, CPA
- Top-tier practice trained or from a large and complex business
- Experience in audit, with focus on finance, commercial and operational areas
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Analytical skills, with an ability to work in detail and also see the big picture
- Able to prioritise, multitask and be comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English - written and spoken