Senior IT Auditor
Our client, a leading telecommunications business in London Paddington, seeks a Senior IT Auditor to strengthen its technology audit team. The purpose of the Senior IT Auditor (Technology) role is to support Internal Audit in providing risk-based independent assurance on the effectiveness of the Group's internal controls to senior management and the Group Audit and Risk Committee within the area of Technology. You'll be part of the Technology audit team consisting of a multicultural team of 14 people which is part of the wider global audit function of about 110 people.
- Lead the scoping, planning, delivery and reporting of relevant and forward looking IT audits across all Operating Companies.
- Be(come) the subject matter expert within the Technology domain in the areas of IT operations, IT service management, IT resilience, information security, etc..
- Perform audits on advanced topics such as 5G, large-scale cloud implementation, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Blockchain and other emerging technologies.
- Liaise with Technology managers in tracking progress in addressing audit recommendations and confirming their closure.
- Build positive working relationships with Technology leaders across the organisation.
- Experience a fast paced environment which is ever changing - no two days are ever the same.
- Support Group Head of Audit - IT, Networks and Programme Assurance, and teams of peers in delivery of audit plans by providing knowledge and expertise.
- Build, maintain and indirectly manage a community of IT auditors across our global business.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Have experience in the area of IT controls/ IT risk management - either in an implementation, operation or assessment role
- Are experienced in audit (external and internal) and familiar with Internal Audit standards
- Able to make a high impact on management, to manage stakeholders and to communicate clearly.
- Have a passion for working in teams and help drive personal development.
- IT process knowledge e.g. as defined in standards like ITIL, Cobit, ISO, or British Standards
- Have IT knowledge on IT networks, operating systems, databases, and applications, ideally including the Microsoft stack, Cloud technologies and SAP.
- Are well-versed in assessing business and technology risks and controls, be able to articulate the risks, and recommend business-focused solutions.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and be comfortable with a changing environment.
- Are willing and able to travel (up to about 20% of the year), mostly in Europe and Africa.
- Have accreditations in technology risk and controls related areas such as CISA and Cobit.
- Preferably, also have qualifications such as ITIL, CRISC, ISO27001 or 22301, PMBOK or Prince2.