We are recruiting for Audit Manager/Supervisor to join our client’s corporate audit team at its Reading office. This position is with a prestigious Top 20 accountancy practice, a leading audit, tax and advisory firm that is currently enjoying a period of continued growth. The role will be split approximately 80 / 20 audit to accounts.
This well-established firm maintains traditional values regarding levels of service whilst embracing modern methods and ideas, making it a fantastic employer. It is looking for candidates at Supervisor and Manager level, hence the Manager/Supervisor title, therefore, responsibilities will vary depending upon experience level.
As Audit Manager/Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking ownership of each audit assignment throughout the process
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on-site work is completed
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated
- Preparing statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts
- Research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for partner/director review
- Adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment
- Identify business development opportunities for the firm in accordance to the business needs of clients
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Be an experienced auditor; qualified ACA, ACCA or recognised equivalent, with at least five years’ experience gained within practice
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable
- Ability to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient
- Experience of leading a team and mentoring and supporting team members
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
As Audit Manager/Supervisor, you will receive a competitive salary with good benefits, have the opportunity to thrive within a progressive firm and enjoy a supportive working environment.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit Manager/Supervisor role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.