Audit & Accounts Semi Senior
On behalf of a highly successful accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Semi Senior to join the team at the firm’s Reading office. This role has become available due to continued growth of the firm’s audit portfolio.
This role, with a Top 15 practice, will involve audit and accounts work, growing the client base further and maintaining existing relationships, and will be split approximately 70/30 towards audit.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Audit & Accounts Semi Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of audit assignments and deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP
- As you progress, you will work towards leading audits
- In addition, you will prepare the accounts & corporation tax in respect of your audit clients
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Keep updated with industry developments
- Mentor trainees and supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Produce more complex draft financial statements in a statutory format using the firm’s accounting software
- Produce consolidated financial statements for a group
Applicants for this role will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Part qualified ACCA or ACA or qualified AAT looking to continue studies
- Have at least two years’ experience gained within practice
- Ability to plan, review and complete audit files in a cost effective and timely manner
- IT literate; highly competent with MS office Suite and experience with accounting and audit software
- Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise jobs effectively
- Self-motivated and willing to work outside normal hours as required
- Career focused with demonstrable skills with an aptitude to progress within the firm
- A team player but with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
- People focused with a desire to assist more junior team members as required
As Audit & Accounts Semi Senior, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits, gain valuable experience from working for a highly successful and supportive firm and receive study support.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit & Accounts Semi Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.