Audit & Accounts Senior
On behalf of a successful and growing accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Senior to join the corporate services department at the firm’s Banbury office.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to thrive and further develop within a fantastic team, where you will provide a high-quality service to clients with the minimum of supervision.
As Audit & Accounts Senior, reporting to the Departmental Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist Manager as part of audit and accounts team, acting as Senior on audit assignments as required
- Prepare client accounts based on information provided
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns, corporation tax computations and CT600 forms
- Assist with client queries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business matters as required
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets and record your own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Assist with administration tasks if necessary
- To be able to deliver ad hoc projects and assignments
- Identify points for Manager to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching and supervision of their work
Please apply for this role if you can satisfy the following criteria:
- Be qualified (minimum AAT, preferably ACCA/ACA) with at least three years’ audit and accounts experience gained within UK practice
- Ability to prepare, conduct and supervise audits, prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills, preferably with experience of cloud accounting software such as Xero, along with Mercia or CCH
- Be highly organised and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to attend courses that are appropriate to job role
This dynamic firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for career progression through building upon your existing knowledge and skill set.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Audit & Accounts Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.