Corporate Assurance Manager
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is assisting an organisation operating a high profile and major UK infrastructure programme recruit a Corporate Assurance Manager.
The role will see you lead on audits and other assurance activities across corporate functions including but not limited to procurement, project management, project controls, HR, and finance. The level of stakeholder you will engage will be Director and above affording you the opportunity to business partner, demonstrate commercial awareness, and add genuine value.
Given the variety in the role, this is a unique chance to gain a huge amount of exposure across the breadth of this major programme. This, coupled with the senior stakeholder engagement, will position you strongly for progression into different areas of the programme depending on what suits and interests you.
You will report into the Senior Assurance Manager and you can expect to find a supportive corporate assurance team and an organisation that treats its people well.
- Develop audit plans, lead and manage individual audits, identify risks, and suggest improvements.
- Liaise with SMEs and assurance providers to develop audit scope that focuses on key risks
- Provide analysis of audit findings and identify trends to support decision making
- Support the development of a robust, auditable and transparent assurance model
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Integrated Management System
Skills and background
- An internal audit (CIA) or assurance management qualification
- End to end auditing experience and a track record of taking ownership
- Sound understanding of risks and controls and their application to the business environment
- Ability to identify strengths and areas for improvement within a business area or process
- Ability to analyse information to provide data-driven feedback to support robust, evidence-based decision making
- Negotiating and managing relationships with key stakeholders across the business, and using these relationships to agree the actions required to close issues noted in the reviews
- Ability to identify and scope the impact of assurance findings, and communicate the implications to a range of audiences
- Internal audit or assurance experience working on a large infrastructure project, government body, or public sector organisation
In addition to the base salary, a comprehensive wider benefits package and strong company pension contribution is on offer.