Cyber Security Engineer
EUROCONTROL is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join their team.
- Grades: 16/18
- Generic post: Specialist (FG-IV) (16/18)
- Determined Contract
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/DIR/SQS - Safety, Quality & Security
- Closing date: 10/02/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, The "Safety, Quality & Security (SQS)" service manages MUAC's safety, quality and security processes. The service is also responsible for activities required to develop and maintain the MUAC Integrated Management System including the monitoring of its operation. It ensures compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
You will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- analyse cyber security incidents, using techniques such as malware analysis, report on findings and produce recommendations;
- collaborate closely with the IT Security Officer on preventive measures and to ensure continuity of service;
- produce complex technical papers and security operations center reports;
- maintain and operate cyber security monitoring tools and identify potential areas for further development;
- research on, develop and keep abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors;
- coach and train other engineers on relevant technical matters;
- participate in projects, working groups, studies, etc;
- perform any other task related to the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years in a relevant field (i.e. ICT and Telecommunications, Cyber Security, etc). Holding a master degree would be an asset.
- In addition to the above, minimum 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in analyzing cyber security incidents including malware analysis.
- Experience in scripting (python/bash/regular expressions).
- Experience in architecting, configuring and maintaining open source intrusion detection software (SNORT/SURICATA/BRO) is considered an asset.
- Experience with SPLUNK is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, general networking and security concepts/architectures (Switching/firewalls/VPN/IDS/SIEM), Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches.
- Team work: fosters team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral and written) is required.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.