Group Senior Internal Auditor
Persimmon is looking to develop its Group Internal Audit function through the appointment of a Group Senior Internal Auditor. The Group Internal Audit department reports to the Risk Committee and Audit Committee. Our aim is to support the business in their identification and management of risk and to provide assurance on the effective operation of internal controls across the Group.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager, the main responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Completion (plan, lead, deliver and report) of internal audit projects to identify risks, assess controls, recommend solutions and ensure action is taken, with the challenge of ensuring the Group Internal Audit function adds value to the business.
- Repeatable core audit and compliance work to ensure high standards of corporate governance are met across the Group.
- Undertake data interrogation analysis and reviews.
- Assist in the management of the Group’s whistleblowing provision.
- Participation in the delivery of the Group’s risk management strategy and framework.
- Maintain the Group’s Risk Registers.
The role will involve an element of travel away from home involving overnight stays to our Operating Companies across mainland Britain (up to 20%).
We are looking for the following qualifications, experience and skills:
Ideally you will have completed, or be in the advanced stages of working towards, a recognised accounting or internal auditing qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CMIIA or CIA), preferably with experience in a commercial risk or internal audit role. Experience within the Construction or House Building sector would also be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a professional approach to the working environment, possess commercial awareness, and strong communication skills as liaison with Senior Management and Directors across the breadth of the Group’s regional businesses is an important part of the role. You must also have the ability to work confidently on your own and as part of a wider team, taking a lead role in risk and audit review projects where necessary. You must have a current UK Driving Licence.
What are we offering?
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, dependent on experience and level of qualification held. This includes company car/car allowance, discretionary bonus, membership of a stakeholder pension scheme, study support (if required), free life insurance, a SAYE scheme, staff discount scheme, new home discount scheme and free parking.
Persimmon offer flexible working arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department.
If you have the right skills and attributes click APPLY NOW!
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Production, Manufacturing & Operations £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Production, Manufacturing & Operations £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Production, Manufacturing & Operations £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Production, Manufacturing & Operations £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom