Internal Audit Assistant Manager - Billion Pound Projects
Complex role focusing on assuring the board that billion pound infrastructure projects are being carried out in line with company aims.
Our client is critical to the infrastructure of the UK with 4.8million people using their services each day. They are an exciting and complex organisation who are a huge contributor to the country's economic prosperity. They will be a vital organisation in getting the country up and running post-pandemic so offer not only complexity of work, but also stability.
Our client not only has a large team in Internal Audit specialists in which this team sits and would be progress in but also encourages their employees to take up roles across their organisation, whether in closely related areas such as Risk and Assurance, Project Management, Finance or other career paths.
Our client has also recently been rated by their employees on Glass-Door as being one of the Top 50 employers in the UK, reflecting that their teams feel supported and empowered to do their best work, even amid unprecedented challenges.
Key responsibilities: Identify significant risks to business objectives, processes, programmes and projects. Assess the design, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls over risks. Provide recommendations to senior executives.Perform appropriate tests over the controls.Lead the audit team on assignments; review their work and deliverables in a consulting style team framework.Coach, train and provide guidance to other team members. Ensure work is performed in line with IIA Standards and Internal Audit Methodology.
- Leading teams in global management consultancy or professional services firm, or large matrix organisation.
- Background in risk-based internal auditing, or consulting (risk management, assurance and external audit may also be considered).
- Ability to apply skills in a broad range of projects both in traditional internal audits and advisory projects.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- A track record of delivering work that offers real insight into the business and add real value to business performance.
- Relevant Qualification ie IIA, IRM, ACA, CIMA or ACCA (or intention to complete).
- Programme Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE 2, MSP, etc);
- Experience in the transport or infrastructure industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Personal credibility with senior leadership.
- Able to demonstrate expertise to business unit specialists.
- Ability to engage and collaborate effectively across different teams and multiple organisational levels.
- Passionate about finding logical and innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Continuously self develops to build and master skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- 28 days annual leave entitlement.
- My benefits - Our discounted online shopping site.
- A range of discounted offers including, childcare vouchers, Healthcare offers - cycle to work, healthcare club discounted membership and other benefits.
- 5 volunteer days p/a
- Subsidies of up to 75% on certain travel tickets.
- A range of highly competitive pension schemes.
- 2 weeks paid reserve leave for our Armed Forces community.
- Offers to move within the business to other roles of interest.
- Support from Internal Audit team to allow you to succeed.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Our client aspiration is that the behaviours and actions that support diversity and inclusion will come from the conviction of everyone in their employ, they are diversity and inclusion a conscious part of how they run their business and are an accredited Disability Confident Leader.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of Government Baseline Security Standards (BPSS).