Audit Manager – Steyning, Sussex
TC Group is a highly innovative, leading edge firm of accountants and professional advisers.
Officially one of the fastest growing Top 40 UK firms with offices across the South West, South East, London, Midlands and the North, we are the first to offer a full range of complementary professional services in the areas of financial planning, legal and HR. We are also at the forefront of technology, having been shortlisted for the Xero 2020 ‘Large Firm of the Year’ Award.
Our unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, combined with a genuinely unique service offering, allow us to provide clients and the wider public with the highest level of quality, bespoke business solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager in our Steyning, Sussex office. Key responsibilities are:
- manage client audit engagements across a wide variety of sectors including charities, independent schools and owner managed businesses. All include groups and consolidated accounts
- supervise and support colleagues
- lead planning (including client meetings), review of audit files and statutory accounts
- perform audits of larger, complex audit clients and/or work on more complex technical audit matters with the audit partner
- apply risk focus, professional scepticism and judgment to deliver robust, efficient audits
- ability to identify, research and analyse accounting/audit issues and propose solutions
- work closely with, and providing pro-active support to the partners
- management and prioritisation of own work and assignments to deadlines and budget
- maintain audit quality standards as required by Audit Regulations and TC internal policies
- pro-active dedication to professional growth through training and experience opportunities
- deliver excellent client service
- build relationships with clients and related third parties
- support the growth of the Sussex office
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge and experience:
- qualified ACA or ACCA
- minimum of 4 years relevant accountancy practice experience
- significant client facing audit experience, including group audits
- excellent technical accounting knowledge and auditing skills
- experience of using audit software and statutory accounts software
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate excel skills as a minimum.
- highly personable with excellent communication skills
- ability to build rapport and establish relationships at all levels
- positive ‘can do’ attitude
- must have own car and full driving licence.
- competitive market rate salary
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- core hours and 9 day working fortnight
- free car parking
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment