We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor to join us here at Somerset Bridge Group. Within this role you will carry out file audits, as required by the Senior Management Team, and make your recommendations for improvements in line with current business objectives. You will look to provide assurance to the Audit Committee of the effectiveness of the internal controls within the group and manage externally outsourced audit relationships.
This is a stand-alone role with the ability to build the function and freedom to deliver how you would like, reporting to the Audit Committee who will set objectives and areas to be focused on.
- Work with appropriate business functions to develop and execute a comprehensive internal audit plan
- Schedule, plan and deliver risk-based audits in line with the annual audit plan, taking full responsibility for individual assignments from planning through to the issuing of audit reports.
- Contribute to the development of robust management assurance processes
- Adhere to professional standards as set out by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Manage external outsourced audit relationships
- Follow up on outstanding audit points utilising a tracking system
- Interpret data set in line with current role and responsibilities
- Produce a comprehensive audit report on findings from each audit highlighting trends and recommending improvements
- Give formative and motivational feedback in a positive clear and concise manner
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and solutions in collaborative way
- Report outcome of Audit to Team Managers, Controllers, Audit Committee and Senior Managers
- Share best practice and increase knowledge within the teams
- Contribute to a positive team culture
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience of auditing and developing audits
- You must have experience in Financial Services or Insurance
- Ability to carry out analysis of a variety of data trends
- CII, CIA or IIA Qualification would be an advantage
- Proven track record in report writing
- Technical knowledge of products and services
- Knowledge of FCA conduct rules and values
- Understanding of industry standards and protocol
- Understanding of legislation, Regulation and legal liability
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work proactively to build relationships with internal and external networks
- Ability to demonstrate professional credibility and gain gravitas
Who We Are:
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
Our Office Benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to suit the needs of our employees, including:
- A Cyclescheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 27 days over 2 years
Ready to join our team? If you have the skills and attributes we're looking for, click the 'Apply' button to send your CV today.