Financial Services Audit Assistant Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
We are looking for a fully qualified auditor with experience in financial services to support a growing client base in fast developing markets. Our dedicated Financial Services team works in sectors covering Investment Management, Insurance and other FCA regulated entities such as brokers, traders and payday lenders. Here are some things you can expect from this role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people. You’ll consistently achieve deadlines and understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Own your own work. You will be the key contact for the client on day-to-day matters and take the lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients. You’ll highlight all key issues which may affect the audit opinion to the partner and makes recommendations for appropriate action. Determining that all audit reports reflect the work performed, you will meet set reporting and auditing standards, acting as a point of reference for best practice.
- Be a part of a team. You'll establish team direction and build commitment, acting as a role model and motivating team members. Regular communication and feedback must be provided whilst encouraging training and development for yourself and others.
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will take responsibility for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Build your brand. • Organising and attending office marketing events, you will be aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products to address the clients' needs, following up on any contacts made. You’ll prepare and present proposals for new work whilst building a personal network from which referrals are received.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with the ability to lead external audits
- You'll have experience of auditing financial services clients
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
- Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
- Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.