VP - IT Risk and Emerging Technologies
A global leading bank is looking for a VP - IT Risk professional to join their Emerging Technologies Programs Engagement team in Montreal, Quebec. This role offering up to CAD180,000 + bonus and benefits.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver on the strategy to review the programs and projects in scope.
- Review entity developed IT roadmaps to ensure alignment to the Group IT strategy and ensure that existing and future ICT risks related to the IT environment have been considered.
- Review and validate the appropriateness and completeness of functional requirements to ensure these meet the business need.
- Contribute to the decision-making of strategic technology choices for key functional capabilities.
- Provide IT & cybersecurity control recommendations for security architectural designs for the Bank's systems and applications.
- Represent RISK ORC ICT for projects at reference architecture boards and project committees.
- Challenge the traceability between functional requirements and the solution architecture design, which may require focusing on the contextual, conceptual, logical, and physical views of the architecture.
- Challenge the selection process and the appropriateness of the functionality of the chosen system for solutions sourced either internally or externally.
- Lead the regional implementation and maintenance of the Group's ICT Risk Assessments program, including the execution of engagements.
- Work alongside Group & Entity functional architects to guide projects and programs and supporting the delivery of banking solutions that conform to both companies and industry best practices.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services or consulting industry;
- A professional qualification relevant to Information Security such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH, PMI, or Security
- Risk assessment background as well as broad tech background: Systems lifecycle, Business Continuity, Resilience
- Understanding of the security controls (for example but not limited to encryption, network security, identity & access management, logging & monitoring) provided in common platforms and applications including, but not limited to Unix, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Outlook, J2EE and .NET applications, etc;
- Understanding of framework and best practices e.g. NIST CSF, ISO 9000, CIS20, ITIL, COBIT, ISO 2700X series of standards and guidelines;
- Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience with applicable risk & control frameworks and regulatory/legislative compliance mandates relating to the financial industry;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate various security & data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the enterprise;
- The fundamental experience of analyzing and implementing solutions to meet both functional and non-functional requirements;
- Detailed working knowledge of the systems, interfaces, data, and infrastructure of banking systems and the underlying technologies used to implement the components;
- The ability to communicate effectively to business and IT stakeholders with particular emphasis on solution architectures to a range of stakeholders at varying levels of seniority;
- Experience in managing a team successfully, providing coaching, opportunities for progression, and enhancing utilization to maximize performance
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- ESSENTIAL: Must be fluent in both French and English
This is a great opportunity to join a company with a global presence and a team of highly skilled professionals.
If you're interested in hearing more, please apply NOW or contact Jasmine Khrongpanya directly.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Financial Services $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in North America
- IT Audit Manager Financial Services $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in North America
- IT Audit Senior Manager Financial Services $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in North America
- Technology Risk Financial Services $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in North America
- Risk Financial Services $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in North America