Internal Audit Manager
My client is an international risk advisory professional services firm who are seeking to appoint an experienced Internal Audit Manager to join their Manchester team. This appointment is to focus on their corporate client portfolio.
Reporting into the Director your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects - delivering more complex audits yourself.
- Working closely with Partners in the assessment of audit risk and development of work programmes to obtain assurance on controls and manage risks to improve the client's performance.
- Leading and managing a small team of auditors.
- Managing and developing client relationships - this is an extensive part of the role.
- Attending Audit Committee and client meetings to add value and deliver findings.
- You will also be involved in some business development work, mainly supporting more senior members of the department as they prepare tenders and deliver presentations.
- Qualified CCAB/MIIA/CMIIA/QIAL/CIA
- Previous internal audit experience gained from another professional services firm , ideally you will have been working on a portfolio of commercial clients.
Ideally the candidate will be keen to grow within the role and develop the business as well as undertake more management responsibilities in the future. Promotion is typically fast at this firm and so this offers an unrivalled career opportunity. You will have unusually high levels of autonomy and will take full ownership of your portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global consultancy in a growth phase. A good work/life balance exists and they also offer agile working. The role will initially be based from home and travel and office based working will return in time in line with company decisions around COVID 19.
Applicants must be qualified with previous demonstrable experience gained within a professional services firm to be shortlisted.