Senior IT Auditor
A multinational organisation located in Leeds requires a Senior IT Auditor to join their Internal Audit team. You will support the Internal Audit function with compliance in information technology policies, procedures, and controls including information/cybersecurity risk-based independent assurance on the effectiveness of the Group’s internal controls to senior management and the Group Audit and Risk Committee within the area of Technology.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, diverse, and rapidly growing Technology audit team.
- Lead the scoping, planning, delivery and reporting of relevant and forward-looking IT audits across all Operating Companies. Build positive working relationships with Technology leaders across the organisation.
- Conducting SOC 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 readiness reviews and generally assisting with the SOC 1, SOC 2 Type 2, OSPAR, and ISO 27001 audit engagements as they relate to IT controls.
- Experience a fast-paced environment that is ever changing - no two days are ever the same.
- Be(come) the subject matter expert within the Technology domain in the areas of IT operations, IT service management, IT resilience, information security, etc.
- Liaise with Technology managers in tracking progress in addressing audit recommendations and confirming their closure.
- Support Group Head of Audit – IT, Networks and Programme Assurance, and teams of peers in the delivery of audit plans by providing knowledge and expertise.
- Build, maintain, and indirectly manage a community of IT auditors across our global business.
Skills & experience
- Experience in the area of IT controls/ IT risk management/IT audit – either in implementation, operation or assessment role
- Experienced in audit (external and internal) preferably within a Big 4
- Able to make a high impact on management, to manage stakeholders, and to communicate clearly.
- Display a passion for working in teams and help drive personal development.
- IT process knowledge e.g., as defined in standards like ITIL, CoBit, ISO, or British Standards
- Possess IT knowledge on IT networks, operating systems, databases, and applications, ideally including the Microsoft stack, Cloud technologies
- Well-versed in assessing business and technology risks and controls, be able to articulate the risks and recommend business-focused solutions.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task, and be comfortable with a changing environment.
- Possess accreditation in technology risk and controls related areas such as CISA
If you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your IT Audit career with a global organisation based in Leeds, please do apply with your CV.