Internal Audit Manager (Exclusive Role)
We have been exclusively retained by the world’s leading global diversified building materials business to find their new Internal Audit Manager, Europe (IAM, Europe), based in either Amsterdam, the Netherlands or in Dublin, Ireland.
Employing nearly 80,000 people across 30 countries, this company manufactures and supplies a range of integrated building materials, products, and innovative solutions, spanning the breath of the building materials industry and by doing so, is uniquely positioned to address evolving trends in global construction.
The Role: Internal Audit Manager
This ‘world class’ Group Internal Audit (IA) team comprises circa 60 auditors incorporating finance, internal controls, SOX, IT, data analytics and business consulting professionals. Reporting to the Director of Audit, Europe, who in turn reports ultimately to the AC, the successful candidate will ensure audit assignments are successful, run smoothly and result in minimizing risk and exposure for the Group. The IA Manager leads the audit team on assignment and manages team members’ performance to deliver on short and long-term objectives by creating an engaged team, a work environment that promotes trust and mutual respect and maximizing team members’ potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Group Internal Auditors and Internal Audit Assistant Managers to ensure the successful execution of current and future organizational goals
- Deliver and manage assigned elements of the function’s agenda to ensure objectives are achieved within the required timeframes
- Deliver / actively participate in projects in order to achieve defined project objectives
- Manage the delivery of support, advisory and assurance services to the business to ensure the development of a robust control framework across all aspects of the organisation
- Support and provide assurance on the roll out of technical standards, relevant legislative requirements, internal policies and guidance to ensure compliance is achieved across all aspects of the organisation
- Leverage technology to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of the function
- Manage on-going relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand pending / on-going developments across the business
- Facilitate training sessions as required to support the understanding of SOX requirements and to embed the roll out of internal control developments and initiatives across the business
- Utilise and develop Data Analytics (DA) techniques for audit testing
Management Responsibilities and Core Competencies:
We are looking for a person of integrity, who is able to balance the highest professional standards with a flexible pragmatism that considers the needs of the organisation in developing and implementing the internal audit approach. As a 'business thinker' and leader, the IA Manager must have strong people and management skills and have a strong capability in IT matters in terms of developing the approach and the work of internal audit.
Education, Skills and Experience:
You will likely have an audit/accounting/business background either in a public accounting firm e.g. Big 4 or Top 20 or other finance/IA function (at management/leadership equivalent level, or above), or a mix of the two. You will need to be a professionally qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA, RA, CIA) with some significant post qualification experience. Experience in the building materials, production, distribution/logistics, and/or manufacturing sectors would be helpful. As well as fluent English, additional language capability in Dutch, French, German too would be an advantage. Given the scale and geographic diversity of the business’ operations, the role will involve some travel, mostly around Europe and occasionally to North America/Asia.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.