Data Analytics Auditor
My client are a global and leading provider of insurance and healthcare.
Due to a planned expansion plan across their third line, we are assisting them with the recruitment of an Internal Auditor to take responsibility and the lead for Data Analytics across the audit team.
The Data Analytics Internal Auditor will be primarily responsible for focusing on risk, continuously improving the analytics program, designing and developing analytics that will serve to improve and optimize the Internal Audit initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and improve the analytics operating model, analytics, methodology and approach
- Ensure data validation process is in place an all phases of analytics lifecycle
- Design and improve audit focused analytics and build a framework around it
- Manage and allocate work load and provide guidance and direction to meet the goals of the program
- Provide training to the audit team to enable them to execute on basic analytics activities and provide support on solutions that are developed to ensure that they are being used as intended
- Develop relationships with contacts in the business and technology departments to facilitate data sourcing
- Engage in the risk assessment and audit planning with the Internal Audit lead for each auditor, and monitor the pre-planning of audit projects to ensure analytics are included at appropriate stages of the audits.
- Assist audit teams with the use of inquiry of key systems to facilitate understanding of data in the business process.
You will be based from home 3 days a week (minimum) and will be in the office (London or South Coast) on the other days. All team members are working from home currently (with no plan to return at the moment) and all interviews will take place remotely.
This role would suit an internal auditor who understands how internal audit works and what value add will be needed from this person. A strong IT and data analytical background will be essential for this person and must be clearly demonstrated on their CV.