Senior Compliance Officer
Discover ING Bank
At ING we encourage you to `do your thing`, to do more of what you love. This is also the way we articulate our promise to offer frictionless banking.
Active in Romania for more de 25 years, ING Bank pioneered the local banking industry, bringing innovation in the life of its customers. Currently, ING is the 4th bank in the local markets, based on the assets and is a universal bank with 1,6 million clients from three business segments: individual clients (Retail), SMEs and Mid-Corporate clients and Wholesale Banking.
Join us! Together we`ll empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future.
Your day to day:
- Participate to the development and communication of local policies, procedures and standards related to the compliance risks (including MiFID and excepting KYC/FEC) and monitor the implementation;
- Actively work with the business to assess the impact of ING global Compliance policies/minimum standards /guidelines and new regulations implementation (including MiFID and excepting KYC/FEC), advice, challenge and monitor the implementation;
- Provide advice and training concerning the interpretation and application of ING Bank Compliance Policies, procedures and standards;
- Plans with management and deliver (in conjunction with Training unit) compliance training /awareness for ING Bank and ING offices employees in order to increase employee’s awareness of compliance policies, procedures and standards;
- Support the business in connection with governance changes, projects as well as new products or services, marketing materials.
- Advises employee with respect to their (personal) compliance obligations;
- Challenge any actions giving rise to compliance risks and escalate to local management and the next higher Compliance Officer, as appropriate; support the business in investigating and adequately remediating the issues identified;
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a compliance position or related field
- Knowledge of the Romanian legal system, NBR, ASF rules and regulations and international regulations related to compliance risks; Knowledge of the external environment developments; MiFID knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of the local and international standard and practices in compliance and operational risk management field;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant banking products, business, services, relations etc.;
- University degree (economic or legal academic background)
- Open-minded, shows creativity in developing new ideas and approaches to day to day problems/situations
- Negotiation skills and diplomatic professional approach
- Good presentation skills & strong communication skills (verbal and written, both in Romanian and English)
- Analytical skills and synthesis capacity
- Independence and initiative