Sr. Business Control Officer - temporary 18 months
Discover ING Bank
At ING we encourage you to `do your thing`, to do more of what you love. This is also the way we articulate our promise to offer frictionless banking.
Active in Romania for more de 25 years, ING Bank pioneered the local banking industry, bringing innovation in the life of its customers. Currently, ING is the 4th bank in the local markets, based on the assets and is a universal bank with 1,6 million clients from three business segments: individual clients (Retail), SMEs and Mid-Corporate clients and Wholesale Banking.
Join us! Together we`ll empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future.
As a Business Control Officer within Business Control Office, you are required to perform and coordinate the key control testing related activities aiming to ensure the existence and implementation of requirements of SoX and non SoX Risk & Control minimum standards/frameworks.
- Test the key controls (ToD & ToE) based on test plans provided by HO/established internally per each Product Control Framework or Minimum Standard
- Test specific controls as per SoX requirements for processes/applications in scope (including IT environment)
- Report the testing results and the conclusion after testing process, assisting relevant management in identifying and implementing adequate controls in each tested area
- Perform gap assessments/risk assessments for the processes to be tested/products
- Facilitate end-2-end risk management, including identification, risk assessment, mitigation, monitoring, reporting and sign-off for non- financial risks in 1st line
- Support process control design, considering effectiveness, efficiency and customer experience
- Facilitate gap analysis/risk assessments and monitor the remediation of gaps related to (new) global policies, control standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the timely and proper documentation of risks and controls
- Coordinate Key Control Testing
- Coordinate the timely monitoring and reporting on issues/actions/events
- Present to the relevant committees the outcome of the monitoring of issues/actions/events
- Interact with group specialists, auditors and authorities related to specific policies
What you bring to the team:
- Strong knowledge on internal control or audit activity
- Control oriented and analytical thinking/ judgement aimed on assessing specific risks
- Good business acumen
- Previous experience in operational risk, strong analytical judgment and expertise in Information Technology field is a plus.
- You need to be a team player and have excellent communication skills while interacting with a large number of departments within the bank.