Head of Finance - UK Transition
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are recruiting for a new finance leader to join our team!
This is a team that plays a vital role at the heart of HMRC Corporate Finance; leading on financial and workforce forecasting and planning for spend and activity within the UK Transition ringfence.
We are responsible for working closely with Strategic Finance colleagues and with Business Groups, to report the in-year financial position, support decision making, and ensure we have robust and integrated plans in place.
We are looking for an outstanding Head of Finance - UK Transition who will join us in this high profile leadership role to help deliver the strategic plans for our department in an exciting and important period of change for the UK. You will be supported directly by a Workforce & Planning Manager and an In-Year Finance Manager.
The role offers a variety and breadth of responsibilities:
- Providing effective leadership that values and supports wellbeing, for a lively team in a results-oriented and high-profile area of work.
- Communicating complex financial and workforce information to both finance and non-finance partners through both regular monthly management reporting, and short notice ad-hoc briefing.
- UK Transition ringfence input to HMRC financial accounts.
- Leading finance function input to UK Transition Spending Review 2021 bid, working closely with Investment Planning Team, Strategy, Strategic Finance, and other partner groups.
- Keyholder review of UK Transition business cases prior to their presentation at Investment Board. Working closely with Assurance colleagues and HM Treasury to ensure programme and project spend is supported by appropriate approvals.
- Proven experience of managing senior partners and in particular you'll be adept at influencing decision processes
- Experience in taking ownership of the overarching user 'value for money' principals that drive good practice and driving accountability across your wider team.
- Ability to grasp multiple complex issues quickly, understanding how they fit into the bigger picture
- Ability to provide insight and understanding, working with stakeholders in a constructive way and building open and positive relationships.
- Ability to summarise complex information in a coherent narrative tailored to the audience.
- The ability to influence senior stakeholders and to effectively challenge: being comfortable holding challenging conversations in order to deliver robust forecasts and other financial information, which is accurate and enables confident decision-making.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across teams, ensuring joined up planning and reporting across performance, finance and delivery
- A professional CCAB qualification in accountancy e.g. CIPFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
- 22 days leave (pro rata for part time staff), which increases to 25 after a year’s service and 30 days after 10 years’ service.
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Other Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Change Management Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Analytics Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)