- Join a Market-Leading, Global, FTSE Listed Business
- Have The Autonomy & Ability To Shape A Framework
About Our Client
Victrex plc are a British-based Manufacturing business and are a supplier of high performance polymer solutions who are listed on the FTSE 250. The company's headquarters and manufacturing facilities are based in Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire with the technical and customer support facilities in multiple markets, serving more than 40 countries.
The key responsibilities for the Internal Auditor include, but aren't limited to:
- Independently lead the end-2-end delivery of internal audit engagements (financial and operational audits) from planning through to efficient execution of audit fieldwork, either as Audit Lead or as part of an audit team and reporting to senior stakeholders.
- Developing standard audit work programmes against the financial control framework, ensuring coverage of all aspects of financial control.
- Supporting the development of financial control questionnaires for the ongoing monitoring of financial compliance.
- Follow-up and closure of audit findings in a timely manner.
- Maintain audit files as per the requirement of the internal audit methodology
- Responsible for promoting Group Audit Services and its role across the business and building and maintaining excellent relationships with all stakeholders .
- Work collaboratively with 2nd line assurance groups where required, including support in the development of control owner questionnaires for ongoing monitoring of compliance against regulatory frameworks.
- Provide input to the Annual Internal Audit Planning process.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrable audit lead experience either in a big four (or similar) accounting and auditing firm or experience in industry leading compliance-based financial control audits.
- Demonstrable experience of leading financial and operational audits and effectively auditing within an Operations and Manufacturing environment or within Industry more broadly would be advantageous
- Effective engagement and influencing skills, both with senior internal stakeholders and external stakeholders as required.
- Experience in development and use of Data Analytics in audits would be advantageous.
- Have a professional auditing/accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/ACA/CIA),
- Demonstrable audit delivery experience either in a big four (or similar) accounting and auditing firm or experience in industry leading compliance-based financial control audits.
- A sound understanding of the requirements of the International Accounting Standards and their application in Industry is essential with experience of delivering non financial operational audits an advantage.
What's on Offer
- The successful Internal Auditor will receive;
- Competitive salary in the range of £38,000 to £45,000, negotiable dependant on experience,
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays,
- Vitality Health for employee and family members under 25,
- Pension - Employee Pension Contribution Rate of 5% of Pensionable Pay and a Company contribution of 12%,
- 4 x Death in Service Benefit,
- SAYE Scheme,
- All employee Share Ownership Scheme after 3 months service,
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme based on individual and Company Performance.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCNJN -022021-2170985Z
Closing Date: 31/03/2021