We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as an Internal Auditor
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
The Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for executing and reporting on operational, financial and regulatory related audits in accordance with the annual audit plan. In addition, the Auditor may participate in special projects, assist in the audit planning process, and build relationships within the business during audit reviews.
- Deliver high quality, well controlled, independent and objective Audit Execution, supported by comprehensive audit files.
- Effective Audit Program Management to ensure the timely delivery of audit plans and mitigation of delivery obstacles.
- Communicate effectively and confidently throughout the CPU business lines with management.
- Manage compliance with Computershare global policies, procedures and processes, including the Internal Audit methodology.
- Be a supporter of change, including identifying enhancement opportunities and challenging the status quo, to improve the operation of the Internal Audit function.
- Post-audit control failures and incidents
- Quality Assurance results
- Internal Audit Scorecard
- Business Scorecard
- Stakeholder feedback / Post-audit survey scores
- Time reporting (audit engagement budgets)
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Technical Skills
- Compliance Management
- Risk Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Auditees (Guide and direct, Monitor)
- Peer Auditors (Consult)
Operating Environment& Context
- Computershare is a global financial administration company, employing over 16,000 people across 90 offices around the world. We provide services in over 20 countries to more than 16,000 clients and 125 million customers.
- The Computershare US business provide services to 79% of the Fortune 500, 83% of the S&P 500 and 93% of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- The Computershare US Audit team covers a wide range of products and services including communication services, class action administration, corporate restructuring administration, fund services, governance services, plan management, proxy solicitation and unclaimed property services.
Risk & Conduct
As an employee of Computershare you must always:
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and cooperative with the OCC, the SEC and other regulators
- pay due regards to the interests of the customers and treat them fairly
- observe proper standards of market conduct
- Complete all mandatory, regulatory training and assessments when notified to do so by the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an university or four-year college.
- Experience in planning and executing operational, risk-based and compliance audit engagements.
- Knowledge and proficiency in risk management principles and processes.
- Financial services industry audit experience preferred.
- A professional audit, accounting or business qualification (CIA, CISA, CRMA, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
It is expected that this position may include travel up to 5% of the time. This is subject to change based on many factors, including business needs.
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is typical of an open office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You’ll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…
Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.