Senior Internal Auditor
We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Senior Internal Auditor
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
Leading and performing Audit reviews of business departments, processes, products, or functions with a view to improving controls, increasing efficiency and decreasing risk. This is a high-profile role where audits are designed to help the business achieve their objectives by providing focused review and consultancy. All our work is planned in conjunction with Business Management and is focused on the highest priority areas.
This is not a typical Internal Audit role. There is minimal financial auditing, minimal ticking and tying, and minimal travel. Our focus is on business risks – e.g. technology, operations, commercial, legal, people, and strategic risks. You will need a good understanding of these and be able to apply them to your audit reviews in the context of the company's risk appetite.
- Contribute to the annual audit plan with considered input based on Business Unit and company knowledge.
- Perform planning stages of audits incorporating full review of audit standard considerations.
- Perform audit activities in an effective, timely and quality manner.
- Complete audits in accordance with CPU internal audit process and protocols.
- Ensure the effective communication (both verbal and written) of audit output.
- Ensure that issues identified are fully understood by the auditee and appropriate action plans are defined as a result.
- Perform special and ad-hoc projects to Professional standards, including internal audit process related projects.
- Lead or be a consulting party in most of the audits.
- Assist in the review of other auditors’ work-papers and reports.
- Assist in training new auditors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; a professional accounting designation preferred.
- A minimum 4-7 years of experience in audit role within a commercial organization. Knowledge of risk management principles and processes, operational effectiveness techniques, profitability influences, marketplace trends & technological advancements
- A strong working knowledge of common Office packages. Knowledge of flow-charting PowerPoint or Visio, Excel, Word, and Audit Management Software applications is required.
- Good IT skills is preferred
Certificates. Licenses, Registrations
A professional accounting designation (CA, CIA, CPA, CGA, CMA, CISA) or equivalent experience is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial and operational reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 25,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments, and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer, and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You’ll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…
Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.