AML Risk Data Analyst
Do you have strong data analysis skills and are comfortable dealing with vast amounts of data? Do you have good knowledge of anti-money laundering?
We are looking for an AML Risk Data Analyst to join us on a 12-month fixed term contract.
You will be working in the AML Directorate, which leads our AML supervision of the firms we supervise. In this role, you will review our existing AML risk rating framework and help develop a new risk rating system. The new system will enable us to distil large amounts of relevant data to create an updated risk rating framework. We will use this new system in order to judge the AML risks presented by the firms we supervise and guide our AML supervision work.
You will test usability and accuracy of the model by engaging with colleagues in AML, Research and Analysis and other relevant stakeholders. Analysing and interpreting output of the new model, you will comment on and present the findings in an easy to understand narrative. You will look at future viability of the product and produce support and training guides for colleagues.
You will bring to this role experience of dealing with vast amounts of data and an ability to deal quantitatively and qualitatively with that data. You will also have a good grasp of anti-money laundering and will be able to bring that insight into the role. Legal experience is not required, and we welcome applicants from other sectors or regulators in scope of the AML regulations.
This is an exciting role where you will have plenty of scope to help shape and improve the work of the policy, proactive supervision, and investigations teams in the AML Directorate.
What's in it for you
- Make a significant contribution to AML regulation in the legal services sector
- Showcase your data and analytical skills and use your expertise to identify creative solutions
- Enjoy an autonomous and intellectually stimulating role, whilst achieving a balance between your personal and professional life.
What we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent experience in statistics, data analysis or a related discipline
- Experience of AML Risk Data analysis
- Experience of working in a data analysis role, accompanied with strong Excel skills and fluent use of standard statistical tools
- Demonstrable ability to process complex data sets, interpret them and identify and comment on patterns and trends
- Experience of complex report writing
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to present findings to stakeholders in an easy to understand way
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
Useful and additional information
There is a full role profile included at the bottom of this advert.
If you are looking to strike a balance between your personal and professional life we can discuss scope for flexible working arrangements prior to interview. This is a full-time role (35 hours per week) but we are happy to discuss scope for flexible working within these hours.
Our staff are currently working from home and all assessments and interviews are being conducted remotely. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to let you know what to expect.
The successful candidate(s) will be working from home till at least the spring. Longer term, this role will be expected to be based out of our offices in Birmingham or London, and we will continue to offer some days working from home per week.
Please upload a CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please address how your knowledge, skills and experience relate to the role requirements, in particular the requirements listed under the 'What we are looking for' section.
Closing date of this advert is 15 March at 08:00. We will look to commence the selection process week of 22 March and if your application is shortlisted, we will provide further details on what this would entail.
More searches like this
- Compliance Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom