Senior Internal Audit Manager (DfE)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a highly respected, forward-thinking organisation, with a high-profile and varied portfolio of work? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) are an executive agency of HM Treasury, established in April 2015 to improve the quality of internal audit provided to central government.
We are professionally qualified internal auditors, accountants or investigators, as well as specialists in areas including counter fraud, project management, digital and commercial audit.
We lead both the GIAA Profession and the Government Internal Audit Function. Our workforce brings with it an outstanding depth of experience gained in a wide range of government departments, related bodies and other sectors. This enables us to offer a high-quality service based on cross-government insight and a strong understanding of our customers’ business.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Internal Audit Manager post supporting the respective GCIA in providing services, under a Memorandum of Understanding, to the Department for Education and it’s Arm’s Length Bodies, principally, to act as the Head of Internal Audit for the Student Loans Company but with the opportunity to work across the wider Departmental group.
The Student Loans Company is a non-profit making government owned organisation that coordinates loans and grants to students in colleges and universities in the UK. The Company provides financial services (in the form of loans and grants) to over 1 million new and returning students annually, in colleges and universities across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Our Senior Audit Managers are integral to the leadership of the Agency and have a role beyond delivery of audit services to support the ongoing development of our services, staff and customer approach.
You will lead a team which may vary in size over time, with responsibility for a range of audits and assignments. Work can be highly sophisticated and high profile, with considerable partner liaison.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively engaging with senior partners to support the identification and management of key risks and promote effective governance
- Delivering the Audit Plans in line with quality, time, and budget requirements, supporting robust assurance, opinions and other agreed partner requirements
- Leading on high risk or sophisticated audit assignments
- Delivering robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to clients and Audit Committees in accordance with the agreed timetables.
- Ensuring your team are compliant with professional standards and compliance with GIAA’s new single audit methodology and audit management software.
- Leading on managing, recognising and rewarding good performance; promote personal and professional development, nurturing and managing talent. Acting promptly on feedback and issues, and promoting equality and diversity.
Candidates will need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy / audit body below:
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland must hold the chartered auditor/CMIIA designation or the MIIA designation where you are qualified under the previous exam route and did not apply to make this chartered. If you have passed all of the CMIIA/MIIA exams but do not hold the designation, you are not eligible to apply.
- Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global. If you studied with the Institute of Internal Auditors in another country, you must hold the equivalent of the MIIA designation. You should verify this with the IIA UK & Ireland prior to submitting your application. No other level of internal audit qualifications will meet the requirements of this post.
- Accountancy, fully qualified, current member of one of five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, Chartered Accountants Ireland or CIMA).
With access to high profile work, you will work alongside key decision makers, audit specialists and private sector contractors within the Agency, challenging and developing your skills as well as ensuring we meet our customer expectations. The impact of this role is at the CEO level and it has wide-reaching and long-term impacts on governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
We offer support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities and you will be entitled to a formidable range of benefits from generous pension provision, embracing of flexible work patterns, diversity and security.
- Competitive salaries and in-year rewards
- Flexible working
- Civil Service Pension
- Discount on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free eyesight tests
- Family-friendly HR policies
- 25 days’ annual leave increasing by one day per year of service to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Geographically based Agency
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom