Data Analytics Specialist
London: £53,068 - £63,580
National: £48,777 - £59,638
Are you an innovative Data Analytics Specialist, looking for an exciting opportunity to join a highly respected, forward-thinking organisation? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) are an executive agency of HM Treasury, established in April 2015 to improve the quality of internal audit provided to central government.
We are professionally qualified internal auditors, accountants or investigators, as well as specialists in areas including counter fraud, project management, digital and commercial audit.
GIAA has the ambition to be a leader in the use of data analytics in internal audit and counter fraud and investigation.
We are looking for Data Analytics Specialists to join our Data Analytics team. You will analyse GIAA organisational data to provide informative management information. You will work with data specialists across government and in the private sector to learn and apply the latest techniques and developments in data analytics to GIAA activities. You will also support GIAA research and development activities in applying Artificial Intelligence to improve the efficiency of the organisation.
The location of these roles can be based in London, Swansea, Bristol, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out advanced data analytics to support internal audit, counter fraud and investigation activities
- Producing reports detailing data analysis results for GIAA colleagues and customers
- Developing dashboards and graphical representations of data analysis for reporting
- Developing macros and scripts using R and Python
- Collaborating with other data analytics specialists across Government and the Private sector to develop innovative approaches to GIAA's work remit.
We are only considering applications from those who hold a degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer science. Alternatively, you should hold a professional qualification to chartered or equivalent in internal audit of accountancy (IIA/CCAB or equivalent.) Demonstrable experience in the use of data analytics is a must.
We offer support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities and you will be entitled to a formidable range of benefits from generous pension provision, embracing of flexible work patterns, diversity and security.
- Competitive salaries and in-year rewards
- Flexible working
- Civil Service Pension
- Discount on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free eyesight tests
- Family-friendly HR policies
- 25 days’ annual leave increasing by one day per year of service to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Geographically based Agency