IT Internal Audit Manager (8 month FTC)
Yorkshire Building Society in one of the UK’s largest building societies. For over 150 years, we’ve provided real help with real life. For us, as a building society, it means helping people to have a place to call home, helping them towards greater financial wellbeing, and creating long-term value for our members.
As our IT Internal Audit Manager, you will join our Internal Audit Team based from Leeds City Centre. You will play a key role in defining and delivering effective audits in the areas of IT, Data and Information Security. You will work extensively with stakeholders across our IT department, to help shape the delivery of our audits and develop good working relationships with our IT colleagues.
It is a really exciting time to join Yorkshire Building Society and our Internal Audit function, as we look to deliver our ambitious digital transformation programme for the future, which will make a huge difference for our customers and colleagues.
The internal audit team are currently working from home so you will start your journey with us being home based with some potential travel to our Leeds site, with a view to move forward in the future of a balance of home and office working.
What You'll Do
- Applying your strong skills and experience in one or more areas of IT, Data or Information Security. Having an ability to converse effectively with IT specialists and senior managers, and identify root causes of control weaknesses so that resulting actions really add value to the organisation.
- Planning and delivering IT, Data and Information Security audits, on time and within budget, which provide adequate assurance over the key risks within the scope of the audit.
- Working with the Resource Manager to secure the required resources for the audit assignment and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of audit team colleagues.
- Delivering robust and succinct IT, Data and Information Security audit reports. Providing your professional judgement on the adequacy of the control environment, the root causes and themes of issues and the risk culture.
- Understanding the activities and findings of other assurance providers (such as external audit and the Society's Risk Division) to consider the impact of their findings on audit assignments.
- Influencing colleagues across the organisation to embed robust, cost-effective controls to strengthen the overall control framework in response to weaknesses identified by Internal Audit.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders effectively, aiding the performance of audits.
- Providing timely and robust IT, Data and Information Security subject matter expertise to audit teams as required and as an input to the periodic audit planning process.
- Facilitating IT, Data and Information Security training to develop colleagues' knowledge in areas of own specialism.
- Being accountable for the planning and delivery of timely and cost efficient audit assignments in line with Internal Audit’s methodology.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the operation of Internal Audit to assist in creating a high performing function.
- Deputising for Internal Audit Senior Managers as required.
How You’ll Do It
- Subject matter expertise with a deep understanding of risk and control matters in IT, Data and Information Security.
- Experience of carrying out audits in IT in the commercial sector, either in an external or internal audit capacity. Although financial services experience is preferred, this is not essential.
- Hold a relevant IT audit professional qualification.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture/Information Technology/Risk/Security/Change Management frameworks, standards and methodologies would also be an advantage.
- Ability to make professional judgements on the adequacy and effectiveness of control frameworks, demonstrating commercial awareness and sound business judgement.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to challenge effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong report writing skills.
- Experience of leading audit teams in reviews from planning to report issuance.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
- Flexibility – Whether it is picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
- Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
- Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
- Inclusivity - We do not just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
- Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join our Internal Audit team?
Our people are our heart and soul; we are commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We are devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We would love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, our recruitment process will be carried out digitally on a video platform.
Please follow the link to apply for the position.