Audit Methodology - Senior Manager –Banking - London
Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced senior manager to join the audit team within their highly regarded technical practice to support the audit practice.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in audit, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters.
The role will be primarily based London although some visits to other offices may also be required.
This will be focused on the banking sector which includes banks, lending institutions, start-ups and fintech and include all elements of the audit including revenue, impairment and confirmations.
As a senior manager and part of the Audit team, providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs and the firm’s audit methodology including:
- Enhancements to the audit methodology and creation of methodology in line with the firm’s methodology and industry developments in evolving areas
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that banking audit methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of clients and the FRC
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out file reviews for the purposes of internal quality control or testing.
- The successful candidate will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to auditor reporting and audit methodology.
- The successful candidate will have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
- The successful candidate will have proven audit experience as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant current hands on practical banking experience including IFRS 9 ECL
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)