Internal Audit Manager
My client are a leading professional services firm with operations spread across the UK. Due to an upsurge in client activity we are seeking to appoint an experienced, qualified Internal Audit Manager to be based from their London offices.
The client portfolio is public sector so experience with Local or Central Government and/or NHS clients is critical.
Reporting into the Director your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects - delivering more complex audits yourself.
- Working closely with Partners in the assessment of audit risk and development of work programmes to obtain assurance on controls and manage risks to improve the client's performance.
- Leading and managing a small team of auditors.
- Managing and developing client relationships - this is an extensive part of the role.
- Attending Audit Committee and client meetings to add value and deliver findings.
- You will also be involved in some business development work, mainly supporting more senior members of the department as they prepare tenders and deliver presentations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and rapidly growing company with a strong and enviable reputation with public sector clients. We seek a qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIPFA/CIMA/IIA/CPA/CIA or equivalent) who is experienced within this portfolio and is ready to either take a step up or is keen to move their existing portfolio to a new dynamic home. Strong communication and influencing skills are essential for this role.