Senior Internal Audit Manager
The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated by our client, a growing UK financial institution in their search for a Senior Audit Manager. This is an exceptionally exciting time to join the business as they take on more work and grow their portfolio of clients.
You will work closely with existing Senior Managers and other colleagues within the team and will be required to perform operational and financial internal audits, which include an independent appraisal of policies, procedures, processes, accounting, financial and administrative controls, and systems as well as assist in driving and scoping Data Analytics within the function.
Role responsibilities include:
- Planning individual audits, define audit objectives, and prepare audit test plans and help execute delivery of wider audit plan
- Either individually or as part of a small team, complete business audits, evaluate the effectiveness of controls and write up reports through interviewing business teams about working practice
- Ascertaining compliance with established policies and procedures, and identifying actual and potential weaknesses in controls, cost savings and efficiency improvement
- Challenging current working practices and finding ways to improve internal risk control
- Adapting your behaviour, where necessary, to encourage auditees to co-operate fully to achieve the purpose of the audit
- Proactively evaluating risks and internal controls against changing trends and market/economic condition
- Identifying ways in which the organisation can deliver better value for money and service
- Sharing with the auditees the results of the audit and agreeing appropriate corrective actions to remedy any non-conformances and the date by which the actions should be carried out
- Help to track agreed actions through to completion
- Work with team to develop, improve and embed audit methodology
- 5+ years internal audit experience with some exposure to working in Financial Services
- Knowledge of relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics
- Experience of Excel, VBA and Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience in banking or other areas of financial services preferred
- Experience in data analytics would be beneficial but not essential