Head of Governance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Governance to join us.
In this role you will seek to create an environment where all colleagues recognise the importance of risk identification and management, and deliver a best in class governance and control framework across the UK and internationally.
- Provide leadership across the team to deliver on the overall corporate strategy and business performance that reinforces the desired culture and delivery of strategic priorities.
- Design, deliver and embed a Governance strategy to plan, cost and quality, working with the MP&S leadership team to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Oversee the strategy and approach of third-party management and the auditing of panel and experts for Claims and Cases (UK and International) against service requirements and contractual terms ensuring they provide a cost-effective service that continues to meet our needs.
- See that expert quantum advice is provided to Claims teams across UK and International jurisdictions; continually enhancing quantum policy to optimise accuracy of claims reserve
- Establish a culture and capability in Lean / continuous improvement to drive operational efficiency and great member experiences and outcomes
The Ideal Candidate
You'll bring with you significant knowledge of risk and compliance management together with managing control and governance frameworks.
Leading from the front you will set, deliver and embed an effective governance strategy ensuring a best in class governance and control framework is in place.
You will bring extensive knowledge gleaned within a regulated environment and be experienced in managing and leading a governance team.
- Car allowance of £4,670
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22%
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
More searches like this
- Compliance Not For Profit & Charities £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Not For Profit & Charities £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Not For Profit & Charities £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Not For Profit & Charities £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Not For Profit & Charities £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom