Security Specialist - Cyber Defence Operations
Working as part of a team monitoring and investigating security events so that potential attacks can be identified. Identifying suspicious and / or anomalous activities and taking appropriate actions. Perform detailed analysis of security logs to identify events, incidents and resolution. Managing security incidents through all phases of the incident response lifecycle from identification through to closure. Carrying out all activities in line with CDO policies and work instructions. Ensuring that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion.
- Manage day-to-day activities regarding monitoring, escalation, and incident response
- Respond and incident manage cyber-attacks, malware, and active threat to reduce potential impact
- Availability to work in 3 shift schedule - 24/7 service
- Ensuring all security and operational controls are followed and enforced to ensure client data remains secure, available, and private, where applicable
- Assist other teams with setting standards for and implementing event logging and monitoring tools and procedures
- Resolve or escalate events, threats and incidents per our specified procedures and processes
- Contributing to the development and continual improvement of methodologies, standards, tools and approaches for the team
- Takes ownership of own career, identifying technical and non-technical areas for improvement/development
- Managing own workload to ensure delivery to expected quality and timescales
- Maintains awareness of the changing threat landscape by participating in and sometimes contributing to relevant security groups, forums, or conferences
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.