Audit Methodology and Reporting Senior Manager – Corporate Clients – Flexible Long Term Working-
Our client is one of the UKs leading audit firms with a wide range of listed clients across various industry sectors. We are helping them hire a senior manager to join their audit technical standards practice to provide advice to the audit stream and ensure compliance with ISAs and the firm’s audit methodology.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in audit, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters.
The role will be primarily based in London although some visits to other offices may also be required.
Responsibilities will be divided into two areas as follows:
As part of the Audit Advisory team, providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs and the firm’s audit methodology including:
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out file reviews for the purposes of internal quality control or testing.
Part of the small team within Audit Advisory dealing with audit reporting matters including:
- Handling queries on form of audit report
- Reviewing key audit matters in audit reports
- Approval of modified audit reports and non-standard audit reports including component auditor reporting
- Review and approval of non-standard engagement letters, including overseas jurisdictions, other assurance and agreed upon procedures.
In relation to both aspects of the role, the successful candidate will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to auditor reporting and audit methodology. The successful candidate will have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
The successful candidate will have proven audit experience as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- An awareness of the regulatory requirements in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or Ireland is useful but not essential.
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files for quality control and testing purposes, experience as audit manager is essential
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- High attention to detail
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)