Senior Manager, Audit Regulatory Affairs
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world's biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
You will be part of the Audit Risk Management team, managing risk consultations and approvals for audit engagement team in line with the Firm’s policies and procedures. We’ll make sure you have ongoing training and development through a mix of internal and external learning initiatives.
In our team we’ll make sure you stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage requests from the regulator and co-ordinate responses internally.
- You will manage the work of up to two Managers and four Administrators across various work-streams and report via the Audit Risk leadership team to the Chief Risk Officer for Audit.
- Handle approvals for and consultations with teams in the Audit Capability, applying judgment and making decisions within a framework for approval and escalation.
- Co-ordinate briefings for senior partners’ attendance at regular Financial Reporting Council meetings (e.g. Chairman, Chair of Audit Quality and Head of Audit).
What we’re looking for
- Experience of performing risk assessments, scoring risks and preparing risk registers.
- Awareness of the different types of service delivered out of the Audit Capability Group and the key differences between financial statement audit and key non-audit services.
- Able to get to grips with technical content including law, regulation, assurance standards, contracts and policy and recommend how to apply to practical scenarios.
- Experience of delivering a range of services at manager level or above within an audit practice, for example non-financial assurance, grant reporting and agreed-upon procedures.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom