Senior Manager, Audit Risk Operations
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world's biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
Audit Risk Management team, closely supporting the Head of Audit Risk Operations in driving a step change in the efficiency and effectiveness of the core operational activities, whilst also supporting engagement teams with risk consultation queries across a range of topics and issues. Projects and change initiatives. We’ll include ongoing training and development through a mix of internal and external learning initiatives.
In our Audit team we’ll make sure you stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- You will manage the work of up to two managers and four administrators across various work-streams.
- Process rationalisation and improvement projects across core processes, such as, engagement acceptance, consultations and approvals, training and accreditation.
- Develop proposals for data-driven review of the audit portfolio, based on milestones incorporated into audit methodology, and of the non-audit portfolio within audit.
- Agree service levels for core services provided by audit risk management and monitor and report performance against these.
What we’re looking for
- Decision making around engagement acceptance at manager level or above in an audit or professional services practice.
- Project management of multiple workstreams alongside unpredictable consultation workload.
- Experience of performing risk assessments, scoring risks and preparing risk registers.
- Experience of delivering a range of services at manager level or above within an audit practice, for example non-financial assurance, grant reporting and agreed-upon procedures.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom