External Audit Senior Associates
External Audit Senior Associates
- Various locations in Australia
- Join a leading Global Business Advisory organisation
- Flexible work arrangements
Whether you’re based in Australia, or an Australian expat looking to return home, our flexible environment and strong leadership culture encourages our people to work effectively to enable personal growth and professional development as a Senior Associate.
Due to growth in clients and internal promotions we are looking for Senior Associates across Australia, including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Cairns. Please talk to us about your preferred location.
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
At Grant Thornton Australia, our audit process is more than a compliance measure. At the heart of our approach is the belief that our robust, independent audits deliver actionable insights and add substantial value for our clients. We work with ASX-listed companies, privately owned businesses and Not for Profits and take the time to understand the organisation, including its profit drivers and key risks.
In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology - the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process which will enable you to gain a wide range of assurance exposure including:
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities including public listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies, incorporated associations and other not-for-profit entities and government bodies
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks
- Using your analytical skills to analyse clients’ financial statements and ensure they adhere to statutory requirements
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison with our Tax Consulting division regarding more audit related tax issues
- Communication with clients through various platforms
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in Audit & Assurance
- CA/CPA Qualification or other relevant overseas qualification
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
Culture and Benefits
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively to enable strong personal growth and professional development. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools , opportunities for growth and technical knowledge to truly make a difference and respond to our client’s needs.
Some of the benefits include:
- An industry competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements, including part time opportunities
- Regular social events
- Gym membership
- Financial support to return to Australia and undertake any required hotel quarantine is available.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services NZ$140,000 - NZ$199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services NZ$140,000 - NZ$199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services NZ$140,000 - NZ$199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services NZ$140,000 - NZ$199,999 jobs in United Kingdom