Business Auditing Advisor
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the sun and stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Auditing Advisor to provide assurance and valuable insights to the UKAEA leadership team on the efficiency of the organisation, covering maternity, on a 12 month fixed-term contract. You will gain a wealth of exposure to the organisation and will be responsible for providing support to UKAEA's internal and management system audit programmes.
You will have gained experience undertaking audits against certified ISO standards and must be qualified to degree level. You will be an analytical and independent thinker who can express your views with professionalism and confidence. You will take pride in solving complex problems or issues and will possess strong writing skills to be able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders. An excellent opportunity to further develop your career in a fascinating industry, we are keen to hear from you!
What will you be responsible for?
- Providing support to UKAEA's internal and management system audit programmes
- Action-tracking, managing programme expenditures and producing reports on these elements
- Principal contact for employees and external auditors who are involved in the audit programme
- Providing regular communication on the progress of the audit programme and actions, such as reports and dashboards
- Providing assurance and valuable insights to the UKAEA leadership on the efficiency of the organisation
In addition to the audit function, you will also support the corporate risk management and governance functions, which directly contribute to the overall performance of the organisation.
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Experience of undertaking audits against certified ISO standards.
- Qualified to degree level, or having demonstrable experience at operating at a graduate role in a comparable organisation / role.
- Good knowledge of Office 365 and the office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrable analytical skills with experience in solving complex problems or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships to be developed with people in a wide range of roles and levels of responsibility.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders, utilising a range of communication methods.
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Experience of working in a complex or comparable organisation.
- Experience of using action tracking software packages.
- Knowledge and / or experience of using business analytic software, such as Power Bi.
What we offer
- A competitive salary (£33,297 to £35,520 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension)
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days’ annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g. professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from Black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our dedicated Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Partner, with the support of our Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10 minute walk from Culham Railway Station.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 28th April 2021. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.