Senior Internal Auditor
Key selling point
Part of this world leading company's objectives within the Audit department is to develop and grow high potential Audit professionals and support them in rotating into a senior leadership position within the business. Progression and rotation MUST be wanted by all applicants as your time within Internal Audit is limited. Opportunities within the business are global and not only in Houston and you are supported by leadership in your development to prepare you for this move.
Carries out financial and non-financial projects, acts as a consultant to various company product lines and conducts field audits and examines balance sheets to determine whether the appropriate operating procedures are observed; level of supervision relates to the nature of the project and the experience of the auditor.
- Conducts field audits and provides advice and assistance to operations management in meeting requirements of internal controls and produces such reports as requested.
- Inspects balance sheets to determine if accepted accounting procedures are being followed and produces such reports as required.
- Undertakes such financial and non-financial projects as assigned and insures completion of the projects according to objectives and desired results.
- Isolates and addresses issues that arise during the project and recommends actions to deal with such issues.
- Completes required reports and presentations on completion of the project and makes recommendations for the continued implementation of matters arising out of the project.
- Attends such seminars and training courses as are recommended as appropriate to personal and professional development.
- Keeps current on job related technology and developments by self-study and by attending internal and external training programs.
- Travels around 60% within the Americas.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or similar science major.
- CPA or appropriate master's degree preferred.
- English (any other language a plus)
4 to 7 years of professional experience in at least one of the following:
- Major public accounting firm having planned and supervised audits of major industrial clients.
- Internal Audit experience if no public accounting firm experience.
- Candidates must have an ambition to develop themselves with a view of rotating into the business to become a controller or similar. The Audit function will only recruit those who wish to use the experience as an opportunity to eventually progress into the business.
- You must be willing to travel internationally to gain exposure to the business and aid your development.
NOTE: You MUST have the right to work in the USA without the need for sponsorship.