(Senior) Climate Risk Management Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Climate Risk Management Officer (*). This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of the contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-May 2021
(*) internal benchmark: (Senior) Officer Credit Risk Management
Lead the development and testing of the climate risk scorecard, in order to assess and quantify climate-related credit risk, and ensure the implementation of the Climate Risk Initiative within the Directorate.
RM’s role in the development and implementation of the Climate Risk Initiative consists of the incorporation of climate-related risk into EIB’s risk management framework and policies.
RM is the owner of the Climate Risk Screening Tool (relying also on EIB Engineers and Sector Economists in the Projects Directorate and on the EIB Economics Department for input), and assesses the financial impact of climate risk on the Bank’s lending portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Unit, you will work in close cooperation with the other Division members, and will have extensive interaction with colleagues across Risk Management as well as in other Directorates such as Front Office Lending/Investing, Portfolio Management & Restructuring, the Projects Directorate and the EIB’s Secretariat General.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Climate Risk Initiative within RM. The accountabilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Drive the development of climate risk related tools
- Develop and implement a climate risk stress testing framework
- Set-up a framework for internal and external reporting on climate risk exposures and management approach
- Drive the inclusion of climate risk into risk appetite statement, credit strategies and capital planning
- Independently test the updated version of the climate risk scorecard
- Proactively advise and present recommendations for the Climate Risk Initiative
- Provide guidance to fellow RM members assigned to help in the Climate Risk Initiative
- Develop and improve the procedures, support and control systems, IT systems, methodologies and working tools in relation to the Climate Risk
- Oversee the quality and accuracy of information/data input into various IT systems.
- University degree, preferably in Finance or a Business related field. Post graduate education in a related subject would be an advantage
- Significant relevant professional experience, preferably in credit risk assessment/modelling and/or other relevant experience related to the lending cycle and/or to this role
- Proven track record in credit risk policy development would be an asset
- In-depth understanding of the EIB policy, objectives and lending processes
- Knowledge of standard computer tools, and ideally of IT applications supporting lending transactions (The EIB uses Serapis, Force Pret, PIC Tiers, Time & Labour)
- Excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of French*. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies via the Apply button.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 24th April 2021.
Please use the 'Apply' button.