Senior Risk Consultant
Remote Working Opportunities (Offices in Edinburgh, Bristol, Yorkshire & London)
Competitive Salary + Training & Development + Competitive Company Pension + Award Winning Employee Share Plan + Flexible Working Hours + 25 Days Holiday + Excellent Working Culture in a Supportive Team Environment
Founded in 1978, Computershare employs over 12,000 people across the globe, providing services in over 22 countries to more than 16,000 clients. With a market capitalisation value of over $7 billion, Computershare has a group turnover of over $2 billion per annum. A global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation, mortgage/loans services and communications, we also specialise in a range of other diversified financial and governance services and are a trusted partner of the UK Government.
Computershare is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing, payments and communications. Many of the world’s leading organisations use these core competencies to help maximise the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors, members and customers.
Our vision is to leverage our global network, specialised technology, local and global financial markets expertise and unsurpassed service levels to keep Computershare at the forefront of the industry. As the perfect partner for organisations seeking consolidated tailored solutions and superior service, we constantly strive to widen the gap in quality between us and our competitors.
We have three key values that drive everything we do:
- Certainty – Count on us to deliver every time
- Ingenuity – Look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions
- Advantage – Unlock your competitive advantage
CPU operates several Global Businesses which are accountable and responsible for identifying and managing the risks relevant to their business. The Global Risk Group provides the framework (policies, processes, tools, and expertise) to facilitate and oversee the management of risk in accordance with the Board approved Enterprise Risk Framework.
CPU also operates several legal entities which comprise of a few different business lines operating in specific jurisdictions. These entities are accountable to Boards of Directors and regulators, to ensure the entity is operating in line with regulatory requirements.
The Senior Risk Consultant is a senior role within the Global Risk Group and is responsible for supporting and overseeing the business in the execution of their risk management responsibilities as set out in the Enterprise Risk Framework as approved by the Board of Directors.
The Senior Risk Consultant is part of the Global Risk Group, part of Computershare’s second line of defence. The role supports, monitors and oversees the implementation of the risk management framework within Shared Services Financial Crime and Operations functions.
The role holder partners with specific business stakeholders to ensure that risks are identified, assessed and treated in line with the globally set risk appetite. The role holder will not only oversee the operational element of risk management but will also support the implementation of strategic risk projects acting as advisor and consultant to businesses.
- Responsible for the independent 2nd line risk coverage for Shared Services Risk acting as a constructive and where appropriate challenging partner to the business.
- Supporting and overseeing business in the execution of their risk management responsibilities, as set out within the CPU Enterprise Risk Framework (included but not limited to Loss Events, Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Top Risk, Risk Appetite and Risk Metrics).
- Delivering on and sometimes managing strategic/change risk programmes driven globally.
- Supporting and overseeing Third Party Risk, Third Party Due Diligence, Outsourcing and Inter-company agreements relevant to Business Line/Function
- Partnering with colleagues within the Global Risk Group to support and oversee Technology Risk and Operational Resilience management in partnership with the respective functional heads.
- Support the operational development of the GRC tool and delivering training to the first line businesses where necessary.
- Manage the end to end delivery of data and commentary required for formal reports used in various governance forums and committees relating to Shared Services Functions.
- Promoting Risk Management in a maturing and diverse global business.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in risk advisory, legal, audit or compliance.
- A full understanding of the Three Lines of Defence and how the framework is executed in a large organisation is essential.
- Ideally worked as a risk manager and good knowledge of the operational, financial, and regulatory complexities impacting the business from strategic, operational and change perspectives.
- Risk management policies, processes, and tools.
- Leading and delivering risk and control assessments and demonstrated ability to perform process analysis and experience in designing controls.
- In-depth understanding of Financial Crime and Operations functions operational processes, objectives, and strategic plans.
Working for Computershare
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees.
We also offer 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan and a flexible employee benefits scheme which also includes the option to buy additional annual leave.
Keeping our Employees Safe
We’re currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we’re following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services PLC is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Technology Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire