Cyber Security Engineer
Within the Network Management Directorate, "Technology" develops and maintains NMD's mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure, and supports the Agency's IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
Your role will be to:
- Operate as cyber security analyst/investigator/hunter on mission’s critical network and systems, and on site and cloud applications, identify solutions/corrective actions and report on findings;
- Conduct IT security risk management;
- Monitor and audit the IT cyber security providers;
- Ensure maintenance of cyber security related tools and identify potential areas for further development;
- Research on, develop and keep abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors;
- Contribute to cyber security awareness and training activities;
- Participate in projects, working groups, studies, etc.;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years in a relevant field (e.g. ICT and Telecommunications, Cyber Security, etc). Holding a master degree would be an asset;
- In addition to the above, minimum of 4 years relevant experience;
- As an asset: IT Sec / Cybersec specializations and certifications such as CISSP, CISM, would be an asset, as is the exposure to CIS Critical Security Controls, MITRE ATT&CK, ISO 27000;
- Experience with cyber security incidents including malware analysis;
- Experience in scripting (python/bash/powershell/regular expressions);
- Experience with tools such as QRadar/Splunk, Sentinel, Kali, Nessus is considered an asset;
- Experience or knowledge of cloud security (especially M365, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure);
- Technical drafting skills (English);
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues;
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches;
- Team work: fosters team work;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral and written) is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 3 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- A link to information on salary and benefits can be found on the job application page.
EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.