Financial Crime Manager
My client are a European bank with operations in mainland Europe as well as the UK.
Due to an internal move, we are assisting in the recruitment of a permanent Financial Crime Manager. The role will be based from their Bristol offices, although you are able to work from home for a portion of the week also.
The main purpose of this role is to provide specialist knowledge and hands on support to operational teams spread across the business. You will be a critical part of ensuring that the business' controls remain fit for purpose, prevent crime and protect their customers.
This person will be sufficiently senior enough to be able to offer strategic oversight and advice to the business and exec, but will also be happy to deliver in a hands on manner.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential for this role as you will support and advise across the business. This client has a very strong sense around conduct and responsibility and this will be critical for this hire. We seek someone who has a very strong sense of right and wrong and who wants to add value. This will be explored at interview and will be a critical part of the hiring process.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring that policies and processes are embedded into and across the operational teams.
- Designing and overseeing a programme of continuous improvement to the businesses' processes and controls.
- Providing reporting into relevant governance bodies.
- Reporting into the Non-Financial Risk Committee.
This person will manage a small team.
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the field of financial crime within financial services. Retail financial services is advantageous.
- First-hand experience with technical solutions used to identify and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud.
- First-hand experience managing complex cases in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business with credibility and friendly professionalism and create clear, realistic expectations.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and ideas in simple terms
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading financial services provider and offers an excellent long term career opportunity.
For more information please click to apply.