External Audit Manager Financial Services
Our client is a leading global consultancy offering a full suite of services to their clients.
Due to a planned expansion, we are assisting them with the recruitment of an audit manager to work on a portfolio of financial services clients. The role will be based from their London offices (although agile working will allow working from home on a continued basis).
This is a senior hire and you will be responsible for all aspects of work within your given portfolio (insurance, asset management, banking, pensions etc) and will provide support and assistance to the Partners as you seek to develop this portfolio further. Previous experience of delivering audits within financial services is essential for this role.
The successful applicant will:
- Be ACA/ICAS or equivalent qualified with overseas equivalent.
- Have strong working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements and be able to lead and deliver full end to end audits.
- Have experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Have previous experience of working within a consultancy environment.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Seek to develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate a team, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for team members.
- Have previous experience of auditing within a financial services portfolio.
- Project Management experience is advantageous.
This is an exciting hire in a fast moving and dynamic environment. This client offers a very fast internal promotional policy and hard work is rewarded quickly. This is a role that would suit an ambitious candidate.
Previous experience of mentoring and overseeing junior team members is considered to be advantageous.
The interviews will take place remotely and going forward you will only be required to go to the office for team meetings. Working from home if preferred, will continue depending on client preferences.
c£54-55k + excellent benefits and work life balance.
Apply for External Audit Manager Financial Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Auditor Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)