Public Sector Audit Senior Manager
Whether admired from afar or inspected up close - Birmingham truly is a beautiful city . The buildings, the spectacular views, the people, the amazing food - a hugely diverse city steeped in a deep, cultural heritage packed with fun and intriguing places to explore and visit. This is your chance to develop and advance your career in the beautiful commercial center of the Midlands.
As Audit Senior Manager you will be a key point of contact to a broad and diverse range of Public Sector clients of varying sizes, industries and complexity. Work closely with Audit Partners and manage a growing audit team and provide direction, supervision and review for each audit assignment. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to develop your Public Sector Audit experience and manage some of the most interesting Public Sector clients in the UK.
Why this role?
- Build a career within a beautiful and friendly UK city
- You will be responsible for auditing major public and not-for-profit entities
- Work for one of the world's leading CA Firms
- Birmingham offers the buzz of a big city with a big choice of shopping, restaurants, bars and live performances
- Have an opportunity to work closely with audit partners
- Birmingham is the perfect base to travel out from with Manchester and London only 90 minutes away
- This firm has a proven track record for promoting on merit
- You will be working with Chief Executives and Directors of Finance
- Much lower cost of living compared to London
- If you're into discovering new pubs then you'll be over the moon as Birmingham has many hidden treasures dotted around
- You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of the firm
- The culinary scene is immense - Delight in award-winning street food. I f you're a giant foodie, this alone could convince you to relocate to Birmingham.
- The city offers the best public transport
- Benefit from industry leading training, including a set induction programme upon joining
- Some consider Birmingham and overly-friendly city with a relaxed atmosphere and diverse cultural background.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Currently or recently working as an Experienced Manager in the UK or Senior Manager in a similar market with Public Sector clients
- CA/ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent OR CIPFA with post qualified working experience
- Experience of managing a large portfolio
- Proven knowledge and working experience of clients within the Public Sector and/or Government
- Strong knowledge of public sector regulatory requirements and challenges
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Experienced at developing, leading and motivating a diverse team
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- UK work rights/UK resident
We have lots more information on this opportunity. If this opportunity appeals to you, or sounds like someone you know, please apply through this page or send an up-to-date CV quoting the reference number and job title on this advertisement.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all, due to the high volume of applications we receive for each of our vacancies we are unable to reply to individual applications if you do not meet the exact criteria outlined in the Job Description above.
Think Global recruitment (Agy)
Apply for Public Sector Audit Senior Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly