Internal Audit & Risk Manager
- 0-25% Travel
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting an Internal Audit & Risk Manager on behalf of a FTSE 250 listed organisation that despite the current climate, has gone from strength to strength. As such, they are now looking to bolster their audit and risk function with this hire.
You will find a people oriented, friendly, and supportive culture, and although it is now FTSE listed and has grown rapidly in recent times, it has managed to retain many of its core values.
Your role will report directly into the Head of Audit and support on the delivery of audits and risk management activities. Responsibilities include developing the risk and audit methodologies; building and maintaining strong working relationships with senior personnel across group functions and trading divisions; preparing risk and audit plans, and delivering risk and audit reviews; assisting ad hoc investigations such as fraud or whistleblowing; and assisting in the preparation and presentation of reports for the Audit Committee
Background skills and experience
- A full accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CCAB)
- Audit experience gained within a professional services firm (Big 4 / Top 10) or a large and complex commercial organisation
- Knowledge of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, and when required, meet scepticism
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply judgement.
The role will be based from their Newcastle head office with occasional travel to other UK sites and some flexible working.
Apply for Internal Audit & Risk Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly